Hiya beautifuls, I apologise for my lack of contact these recent weeks but I just haven't managed to find the time to write a blog post! I have literally been rushed off my feet doing all sorts, but on the bright side I recently found out my leaving date for school and it is in fact 23rd May, meaning it is rapidly approaching and I am very excited for these next couple of months. My Business EPQ is going well and it will soon be ready to hand in, its been one of the most interesting projects I have ever done and I look forward to getting more of you involved/researching peoples thoughts on the media and how it effects younger people.
My college portfolio has been one of the main focuses for this week as I have been adding to it. Due to it being the Easter holidays, I had a little shoot planned. I wanted to do something that was perhaps a little mysterious and could create a little bit of a story. I decided to go for a punk/gothic look and I took the inspiration from a few different aspects; London fashion and styles as well as those who are not afraid to be different. Although these era's were at different times they both have a great significance and they're both fashions that are very much alive today, I wanted to bring a bit of both into light and almost reinvent something from my own interpretations. I am not punk or gothic myself, but I do like quirky things and I like how everyone can be individual. Its incredible how someones clothing can reflect their personality. One of my best friends Sophie studies hair and beauty so I thought she would be the perfect person to ask to help out and I wasn't wrong. After spending a longtime looking through hair styles and make up ideas we eventually chose a hairstyle that was a little wild but beautiful! Sophie kind of improvised on the make up, although I was by her side passing her pallets and suggesting colours etc. Becca (model) was also fantastic, we are close friends so it was a really enjoyable day and all three of us had a right laugh.
I have a few shoots that I'm currently planning, as I'm working towards college preparation too, its just finding the time and managing my work.
I'm hoping to pick up a few more shifts at work (Pharmacy Assistant) as my boss has put me in for a course in medicines it allows me to get used to an environment where I am constantly chatting to the public, which is also handy because at the end of the course, it's another qualification to add to my CV!
In the morning of the 'shoot' myself and Sophie went to the piercing place, I got my tragus done as I've wanted it done for while now and because it's the holidays (as i mentioned above) it was an ideal opportunity to make sure I took care of it properly! Sophie has her inner helix done and we're both rather happy with them.
In the morning of the 'shoot' myself and Sophie went to the piercing place, I got my tragus done as I've wanted it done for while now and because it's the holidays (as i mentioned above) it was an ideal opportunity to make sure I took care of it properly! Sophie has her inner helix done and we're both rather happy with them.
Next week is all about shopping 'til I'm dropping and possible a little bit of partying!
Thank you for reading,
I will start posting more regularly as I have lots I wish to write about!
Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy the sunshine...
Big love, Amber xo




No comments:
Post a Comment