Saturday, 21 July 2012

Clasping Reality

Hiya guys!

So, it seems extremely odd writing a blog post considering I haven't done one in such a long time. To tell you the truth I really have missed it, but I have just been far too busy to actually sit down and take the time to do it, but I am certainly going to get back into the swing of things and I'm hoping to get at least 2 posts up each month. A lot has happened these last few months; I have left school, had college interviews and trial days, not forgetting our school leavers prom and all the spare time I have to spend with my closest friends and family!

Leaving School...Wow! I'm not really sure where to start with this. Leaving my secondary school has probably been one of the most surreal events I have ever gone through. It certainly was an experience and after being there for such a long time and it playing such a significant role in growing up, now I have left I do in fact feel a little lost! I have no routine, no coursework, no school pressures and it still seems a little odd, even if I have been off since May.The lead up and the last week is something I will never forget; the signing of shirts, writing messages in leavers books and just the general atmosphere was far better than I ever imagined! I put together albums for my 3 closest friends; Ashleigh, Owen and Lucy - I filled it with photographs mounted of scrap-booking paper, then covering the outside in a 'London' fabric, I also wrote them a letter each, along with another small envelope in which contained multi-coloured paper laminated, with a few friendship quotes printed on them. I made one for myself too, with the second half reserved for messages. It may have taken a long time to produce 4 albums, not to mention expensive, but it is something we will always have.
Once the assembly was over, we continued to say our goodbyes before getting the bus to the beach and all going for a meal at pizza hut - 29 of us!


Prom...Prom was great, it really was lovely to see everyone dressed up and the venue was also gorgeous - nicely decorated etc. Myself and my friends all arrived on a big vintage styled bus, it was actually quite scary having to get off with all the parents and relatives watching - for a few short minutes I felt like I was a celebrity, especially as we had a red carpet laid out too!




College...As many of you know, I am a huge worrier and I often get nervous about something I am unsure of. On the morning of my college induction I felt very apprehensive, I had no idea what to expect and even though I consider myself to be a people person I find it much easier to talk/introduce myself to older people rather than those of the same age. I got into tutor and we began an 'ice breaker' challenge which wasn't very successful but after a while I made a few friends, who I have stayed in contact with.

Overall I found the day quite interesting, I had a few taster lessons and got the chance to meet some new people, which was a huge relief. Now all my school exams are over, it's all about having fun before I begin a new chapter of our life, which I am genuinely excited about. I'm trying to make the most of the time off; meeting up with friends and family, partying and I am jetting off to Majorca next week!

I have also managed to get a few extra shifts at work. I got my results back from my first Pharmaceutical exam and I passed so I'm really chuffed with that, just one more to go now and then I am fully qualified with an extra NVQ to add to my CV!

I hope you're all well!
Love always,
Amber xo

No comments:

Post a Comment